Many thanks to Belinda Nicholl for awarding me with a Liebster. Belinda works as a freelance writer and creativity coach. She is an active blogger and author of a memoir titled Out of Sync—a story about her expatriation from South Africa to the U.S. in 2001, arriving at JFK International Airport on the morning of 9/11, and how all that change impacted her life, career, and relationships.
The Liebster Award is an award for up and coming bloggers with less than two hundred followers so I was delighted when Belinda nominated me.
Instructions for Nominees:
1.) List 11 facts about yourself.
2.) Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3.) Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4.) Choose up to 11 up-and-coming blogs to nominate
5.) Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
6.) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. When I was about eight years old I went through a phase of wanting to be a nun and used to pray that Jesus would appear to me! I got quite annoyed when he never showed up.
2. I voluntarily read the entire bible (I think it was the children's bible).
3. I snore loudly.
4. I'm addicted to mince pies.
5. I love writing lists and answering questionnaires, so I'm really enjoying this blog post.
6. I hate housework.
7. I love grocery shopping.
8. I'm a secret millionaire.
9. I'm a shopaholic; specifically shoes. My boyfriend is convinced I'm part centipede.
10. I killed my sister's goldfish, not in a serial killer kind of way; I accidentally fed it some breadcrumbs that were too big. I was six at the time and she was five. I've never admitted it until now...sshhh...
11. I'm not a secret millionaire (just trying to keep your attention!)
Here are Belinda's questions for me:
1.) Where would you live if you could choose?
I would love to live near Niagara Falls, because I am obsessed with waterfalls!
2.) How would you live if money was no object?
I would continue to live the same way I live now. As long as I have books, coffee, and wine, I'm happy. Oh, and I'd buy a villa in La Rochelle, France. It's one of my favourite places, and I love French food!
3.) What hobbies would you pursue in this situation?
If money was no object I would buy even more books; drink expensive coffee, but not the new cat poop coffee that everyone is raving about; and I'd probably look into buying my own vineyard!
4.) What new skills would you like to acquire in this situation?
I'd take some French classes to brush up on my French.
5.) What do you value most in life?
My family and friends are most important to me.
6.) What does this thing that you value most in life really mean to you?
My family and friends mean mutual respect, love, care, and kindness.
7.) What is your best quality?
My best quality is my ability to forgive.
8.) What is your worst quality?
I'm very grumpy first thing in the morning!
9.) How do you see yourself?
I see myself as a woman, a writer, a friend, a daughter, a sister, and an aunt.
10.)What do you think of the general state of the world?
I think it's outrageous that there is so much hunger, poverty, and suffering in the world. Some people have so much, while others have so little. Let's wipe out the suffering here on earth before we spend money on the space programme, and too many other egotistical projects.
11.)If you could change one thing about your current circumstances what would it be?
I would like to have a bigger writing space!
My questions for my nominees:
1. What's your favourite book and why?
2. Do you have any recurring dreams or nightmares?
3. Do you believe in life after death?
4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
5. Why do you blog?
6. What inspires you?
7. What is your top health tip?
8. What is your top beauty tip?
9. What's the best book you've ever read, and why?
10. What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?
11. What's your guilty pleasure?
Here are my nominees:
1.) Laura Marcella
2.) Colleen Chen
4.) Castle Pines North
6.) Jessica Topper
7.) Chick Lit Love
10.) Kate Scott
11.) A.K. Marshall